Breakfast Basics and Daytime Eating

Oatmeal and Whey Protein shake
You have all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  It is an opportunity to get your day started off right and to set the pace for your clean eating.  I am a creature of habit, so I have the same breakfast most mornings - oatmeal with flaxseed and a 1/4 cup of organic blueberries and a whey protein powder shake.  It amounts to around 330 calories but contains all the makings of a perfect clean meal. 

I use one scoop of protein powder (23g protein) in 10 ounces of water, add some crushed ice and shake it up. I use Pure Protein® 100% Natural Whey Protein Powder.  It's a protein blend that is both wholesome and scientifically advanced. Size: 1.6 lb., 23g Premium Protein, No Artificial Flavors, Artificial Sweeteners, or Colors.  It supports Lean Muscle & Strength and has 0g Trans Fat.  I like it because it's natural and it tastes really rich and creamy.

I also drink about a liter of water with breakfast and another two liters throughout the day.  If I don't do the protein shake, then I opt for a few egg whites scrambled with some broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, and/or mushrooms. 

One meal down.  Five to go!

For my mid-morning snack I had one piece of Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted bread one of my favorite brands!  Their products are Flourless, Organic, Complete Protein, and Sprouted Whole Grains.  In the 4:9 bread there are 18 amino acids present – and from all vegetable sources – naturally balanced in nature.  80 calories per slice.  I spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on the bread, added 50 calories worth of shaved turkey, a handful of romaine lettuce, and tomato slices on top. 

For lunch I had half a sweet potato, a turkey burger on a bed of lettuce, and a cup of broccoli with three tablespoons of salsa on top. 

So much flavor, about 680 wholesome calories so far today but so much food!

Comments

Popular Posts