Turkey Meatballs and Spaghetti Squash Pasta

I know it's after Thanksgiving, but I use a lot of turkey year round in my cooking!  I had several folks ask me about this one today when I mentioned making turkey meatballs in yesterday's post!  They taste delicious and are more lean than regular hamburger. 
Click below to see the entire recipe!
Turkey Meatballs, Spaghetti Squash
Ingredients:
Spaghetti squash halved, cooked and emptied
1 tsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 lb extra-lean ground turkey
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
1/2 cup whole-grain bread crumbs (I dry out my own with Ezekiel 4:9 bread and freeze it)
1 Tbsp organic tomato paste
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper

INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft but not browned, three to five minutes.

In a large bowl, place turkey, onion-garlic mixture, basil, oragano, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, egg, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a large spoon, gently mix together until combined.

Pampered Chef scoop
Using a small ice cream scoop, I use the Pampered Chef Medium Cookie Scoop.  At $13, I use this ALL the time!  You can also use a tablespoon to portion out turkey mixture in golf ball sized increments. Use clean hands to roll mixture into 20 meatballs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake untl lightly browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook spaghetti squash accroding to directions.  Top with an organic or lower sugar sauce (or you can make your own).  I add one small organic Garden Vegetable baby food and one small organic Sweet Potato or Carrot baby food to the sauce.  Add meatballs and serve immediately.

Enjoy this warm, filling, meal as your dinner this winter!  Let me know if there are specific recipes you are looking for or if you have some "clean" recipes to add!

Comments

Popular Posts