Workout Music!

Having upbeat music can really make or break a workout!  I run with and without music depending on whether or not I have a running partner and when I'm outside I do like to just enjoy the outdoors.  My play lists range from metal to top 40 and when I need a good motivator, music can really take me there.

Early this morning I hit the track for a Sprint workout aimed at reaching muscle failure.  That's right - cardio to muscle failure!  I knew I needed something pretty hard hitting to get me there!  I'll share more of my playlists from a variety of music genres but here are the first fifteen songs on a metal play list that helped keep me motivated today:

1. Stronger - Emphatic (local Omaha band - check them out!)
2. Na Na Na - My Chemical Romance
3. You're Going Down - Sick Puppies
4. Hero - Skillet
5. Calm Like a Bomb - Rage Against the Machine
6. Grits and Oatmeal - Porkbelly (another local Omaha band - check them out too!)
7. The Bleeding - Five Finger Death Punch
8. Scream - Avenged Sevenfold
9. I'm Shipping Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphy's
10. Cold (But I'm Still Here) - Evans Blue
11. Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold
12. Hell Yeah - Rev Theory
13. Boom - P.O.D
14. Hold On - All that Remains
15. Kick in the Teeth - Papa Roach

 My Facebook friend Paula posted this link this morning and I love it!  Check out the 100 best workout songs!

It's broken down into Rap and R&B, Power Up, Dance Workout, Motivational Workout, Remixes, Yoga and Cool Down, Strength Training, Country, Rock, and the best of all time!  They even have tips on building a play list!

Comments

Popular Posts