Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 whole-wheat baguette, cut crosswise in fourths (gluten free bread can be used here also)
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil), patted dry and halved
- 2 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 1-oz slices reduced-sodium fresh deli turkey
- 1 1/2 cups arugula or spinach leaves
- Split open baguette sections and layer each bottom half with 6 pieces tomato, 1/2 oz cheese, 1 1/2 slices turkey and top half of bread. Toast sandwich on a countertop grill or Panini press on medium heat, lid down, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. If using stovetop method, toast about 3 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- As soon as Panini are done toasting, open each and add 1/3 cup arugula. Slice each Panini on the diagonal and serve immediately.