Peanut Butter and Jelly Time! The Clean Version!

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are a favorite in my house…when you are eating on the run and need protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates this is the PERFECT and DELICIOUS way to do it for you and your hungry kiddos!  This is the version I serve up to my girls.  Sometimes, I’ll add a little honey or I’ll use Almond Butter instead of Peanut Butter.  Another famous version of this sandwich would incorporate bananas instead of berries.   

pgj Ingredients

  • 1 slice whole wheat bread or wrap (I use Ezekiel bread… gluten free bread would be a great substitute here too)
  • 2 TBS natural peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup fresh or unsweetened frozen strawberries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or bananas work here too)
  • optional: 1 teaspoon honey

 

Instructions

- Put peanut butter on top of bread
- Slice or smash berries and spread on top

 

Tips & Bonus Information

Around 275 calories!  (check your bread calories and your PB.  This is with Ezekiel bread at 80 calories a slice and 180 calories for the 2 TBSP of peanut butter.  Berries and/or fruit is around 25 calories)  I like eating this with a cup of organic skim milk!  Great snack or meal on the go!

Yield: 1 servings
Preparation Time: 2 minutes

Comments

Popular Posts