Quinoa Stir-Fry

quinoa I had to make a quick meal tonight and I have stopped buying brown rice until I get through my bad of Quinoa and to be honest, I’m not sure I am even going to buy the brown rice anymore given all the benefits of quinoa.  I made a simple and delicious stir fry tonight that is gluten free and if you substitute tofu for the chicken I used you have a nice vegetarian dinner as well for those of you who eat that way.  These servings are really good size!  Lots of quality food, high protein, and very few calories.
Quinoa Stir-fry (two servings)
Prepare 1/4 cup dry Quinoa – yields about 4 cups  (you’ll need one cup for this recipe)
Cut up 8 ounces of chicken into cubes (tofu works here)
2 cups mixed vegetables (I used carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli)
2 TBSP reduced sodium soy sauce
Combine ingredients in your pan.  Heat through and enjoy! 
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 235 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 21 Protein:31 Fiber: 4

Comments

Popular Posts