Bracket Breaking March Madness Meatloaf

The NCAA tournament this year has definitely lived up to it's title of March Madness.  My favorite observation came from my running buddy and friend DanCamp who said, ‎26 = sum of the Final Four's seed numbers.


I have a few friends so devastated by their beloved team loss, (i.e. actual crocodile tears at the unexpected KU loss) I felt I needed to provide an uplifting comfort food recipe for their woes.  Meatloaf is a common comfort food in my house.  I won't play favorites now that my teams are out (Go VCU), I just want everyone to play well.  I like to make this with a side of whipped cauliflower I prepare in my food processor like I would mashed potatoes.  So throw the meatloaf together and enjoy a warm hearty meal watching the games! 
 
Ingredients:
1 lb extra lean ground turkey or ground tofu for you vegetarians out there
1 medium yellow onion
2 roma tomatoes
1 Red Pepper
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 egg white
2 cup rolled oats (for gluten free folks) or 2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup skim milk
1/4 cup (one containers) Organic Garden Vegetable Baby Food
1/4 cup carrot or sweet potato Organic Baby food
2 TBSP Chia Seeds
2 TBSP homemade clean ketchup
dash sea salt
dash pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Process tomato, pepper, and onion until smooth.
3. Add all ingredients to bowl and mix well.
4 Place meat mixture into a baking dish with high sides. Pat mixture into a loaf.  Cover the top with homemade ketchup.  Cover dish with foil and place in preheated oven. Bake for about 50 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake until browned and center is completely cooked, 10 to 20 minutes.  Let set for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts