Pittsfield Inspired Matt Baatz Sweet and Spicy Salsa

While in Pittsfield, VT I got to meet and hang out with Matt Baatz.  Matt is a wonderful person and I literally drug him with me EVERYWHERE while I was in town.  He is Jason Jaksetic's roommate and he truly made my visit fun and memorable.  Resident tour guide and all around nice guy, Matt really likes spicy salsa. I decided to make him this sweet and spicy salsa to commemorate my time with him in the barn and even with him as my sous chef at Joe's house making dinner my first night in town!  Matt, THANK YOU for being wonderful and for being such a gracious barn host for me while I was in town.  You are the coolest.  Be sure to check out Matt's amazing blog - he's such a creative and humorous writer!  I am so lucky that I got to spend four days hanging out with him.  So, in his honor, here is my Matty Baatz Sweet and Spicy Salsa.

Ingredients:
5-6 small-medium tomatoes (I like Roma Tomatoes)
4 small garlic cloves minced
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
1 jalapeno or hot banana pepper
Cilantro Red onion (1 large or two small)
1 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoons applesauce
Sea Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Instructions:
Chop all ingredients.  Mix together and ENJOY!  I LOVE making new salsa recipes and this one turned out wonderfully!
I like to slice up corn tortillas, sprinkle them with sea salt and bake them for my own homemade chips. 

I am so grateful for my time in Pittsfield and my time with Mr. Matt Baatz!

Comments

Popular Posts