Impact

“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” – Jackie Robinson

I have spent a great deal of my last few years wanting the things I do to have an effect on those in my life.  As a mother I strive for an existence that inspires my girls and gives them a quiet confidence in me and in themselves as they grow up.  In moments we can’t anticipate and from places we don’t expect sometimes we find out what impact that is having. 


I had such a moment yesterday when I got the following message from a friend I haven’t spoken with much since high school who is a Facebook friend of mine…

Subject: Kick Ass
Hey Carrie, You may or may not remember me. I just wanted to write and tell you how much of an inspiration you have been to me. I have had to have 3 shoulder surgeries in the last 4 years and was feeling pretty down. I put on quite a bit of weight and didn't know what to do with myself. Then I started seeing all of your updates about healthy living and the Mud Mafia. I took it upon myself to make the decision that I wanted a better life for myself, joined a gym and now see a personal trainer. I have now been in the gym lifting and doing cardio for just under 3 months now. Down 30 pounds and feeling great. I have a long way to go before I'm where I want to be but it's a start. I just wanted to say thanks for the blog and updates. It motivates me to keep going. Keep doing your thing Carrie. Go Mud Mafia and keep clock blocking.
Thanks again



Last night I also did a pretty brutal workout on tired legs as part of a 30 day challenge to do a workout of the day from the racing organization that I work for, but with the inspiration of my best friend and her daughter I got through it. 

I was reminded that I have to show up for myself and that it’s worth it.  That the struggle and the fatigue lets us know that we’re doing something worthwhile and that the challenge of it all makes the reward so much sweeter.  I have been given so many reminders of that lately.  My blessings are abundant.  I’m grateful for all of it…. even the pain.   

Comments

Popular Posts