Happy Anniversary

February 10, 2013
One Year CrossFit Anniversary
"Men will be good or bad builders as a result of building well or badly."  - Aristotle

January was a less than stellar month for me.  Not that December was a cake walk, but I was ready for February to start.  At 6:06AM I got a text message that said simply, "It's your anniversary with CrossFit Omaha.  Thank you."  There it was.  One month of bumps in what was a year of building well... I was very thankful all of a sudden... it's been one hell of a year.

This year has gone by so fast, and I'd like to think I've made some big changes, and not in how my body looks... in everything else.  One year ago I walked through the doors of CrossFit Omaha and jumped in headfirst to a whirlwind of training and people that I had no idea would take such a hold over me.  A hold I had no idea I'd been waiting for, a hold I was needing.

It's been a year of WOD's, PR's, new friendships, a supportive community, and a daily reminder to try to do better.  A year I've committed myself to improving not only how I looked, but how I felt and how I lived.  It was a year of growing, learning, and failing, but never quitting.  A year of my inner athlete being challenged in a brand new way.  I've felt more like a kid and competitor in the last year than any other time in my life.  I'd found something that I could connect with, that moved me, that changed me for the better, and when shit got hard in December and January, it was there for me too and so was my CrossFit Omaha community.  This past year helped me to be a person who could be there for myself.  I've loved it all.

So, today's my anniversary... an anniversary that I'm proud to have under my belt. An anniversary that I've earned by building well.  Happy Anniversary... to me.

Comments

Popular Posts