My Eat Clean Kitchen...

"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients."

- Julia Child

People ask me ALL the time about eating and cooking clean. My kitchen is a pretty clean zone when it comes to food.  With the holiday season wrapping up, it's a good time to remember how what you put in your body keeps it running like fuel - especially if you've been eating (and drinking) all those holiday goodies.  Performance (not to mention beauty) starts on the inside so keeping your food clean is the best way to staying healthy, happy, and energetic this winter and jump start your new year right! 


Keep it Simple!
If you are eating 5 - 6 times a day, it can become tiresome so over the next several days, I'll be giving you tips to make it easier and also some tips on keeping it flavorful and delicious.  Lots of pictures will be included! 

Chicken breasts and turkey burgers
Lawry's seasoning salt and Mrs. Dash
seasonings fresh off the grill
1. Cook in bulk! 

I grill several chicken breasts, small fillet steaks, white fish, and turkey burgers in bulk so that I have them on hand when I need them.  Some of the chicken breasts can even be cut in half for meals since they are so big.


Fresh Tilapia in fresh lemon juice
and lemon pepper



2. Eating clean means you can actually eat a lot! 

This meal (that fills up almost the entire dinner plate) with two egg whites, a cup of broccoli, 1/2 a chicken breast and a sweet potato is about 230 calories!  It was so much food I couldn't even eat all of it!  Add some salsa at 10 calories a tablespoon for some flavorful kick! 
Egg white scramble and a sweet potato
3. Eating Clean doesn't mean sweets are off limits!

Dark chocolate is a great healthy fat.  One of my favorite treats are bananas dipped in dark chocolate.  Freeze bananas and melt dark chocolate.  Dip the bananas and add the almonds.  It's that easy!  1/2 of one of these is more than enough to indulge my sweet tooth.  I added VERY few chopped natural unsalted almonds and put them on sticks to make them easier to eat.  I keep them in the freezer and they make a great snack, satisfy my chocolate cravings, and keep me on track!
Check back for new recipes and pictures in the coming days of what is coming out of my clean kitchen! 

Comments

  1. Carrie, looking forward to talking about this Clean Diet more on future Fitness Tech Podcasts. Thanks joining me on show #7 and we will look forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, thanks for the opportunity to talk about fitness, food, and technology! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts